It is natural for children to move and be physically active, making our Star Active program essential for healthy growth and development. Our program has been tailored by Physical Education teachers with the main focus on engaging children in opportunities to learn and play through movement. The program runs for a period of 40 weeks, with certificates awarded to each child after each milestone is reached!
- Improving posture, balance, coordination and strength
- Maintaining and developing flexibility
- Improving gross motor skills
- Building bone and muscle strength
- Encouraging body and spatial awareness
- Building confidence and self esteem
- Reinforcing social interactions, through an enjoyable experience
Your child will also have the opportunity to attend and experience the benefits of yoga classes, to promote relaxation, balance, flexibility, focus and well-being. Children will jump at the chance to assume the role of animals, trees, flowers, warriors, whether it be barking in a dog pose, hissing as a cobra, or to meow in a cat stretch. Sound is a great release for children and adds an auditory dimension to the physical experience of yoga!