At Reach for the Stars we lead by example and are committed to protecting our environment. By building a culture of awareness and responsibility, we encourage sustainability and empower your child to take ownership of these practices as part of their daily routines and activities so they can make a difference to our world and indeed to their future!
Some of our sustainable practices include:
- ‘Garden to plate’ activities, such as seeding, weeding, and caring for our herb and vegetable gardens
- Creating awareness about the natural decomposition cycle through exposure and involvement in composting and worm farms
- Education about “Energy and Water Savers”
- Waste minimisation through the “5R” hierarchy- Rethink, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Recover
- The use of recycling stations located throughout the children’s learning spaces